Every small business is different, and Colibri Arts is no exception. As I look towards the future of this little business, I see it growing in two or three directions. As the first month of this new year draws to a close, I felt like taking a moment to outline the roadmap for Colibri's future hopes and dreams.
1) Original Art - creating and selling my own, original designs will always be a huge part of Colibri Arts. Artistic creation is at the heart of this whole endeavor, and will always be a rewarding and enjoyable process. I'll continue to sell my artwork here, and down at the Splash Galler...
Our star employee - #Ethelthelaser - has been tackling each new material with gusto! We're thrilled to say that we can now offer acrylic and stamps, in addition to the glass and wood we've been working with thus far.
What does this mean for you, our awesome customers? Glad you asked! ;)
Well, for starters, we can make sweet cake toppers - like the one seen here!
This shiny beauty was created for a couple of friends celebrating a joint birthday. I hand-lettered the message, and cut it from mirrored gold acrylic. The finished piece was absolutely gorgeous - and so much fun!!!
As always, we love the challenge of making new products, whether for our own entertainment, or to fulfill a custom order. While we're ramping up to try fun new materials (like stamps, acrylic, and more), we've also been churning out tons of beautiful items from our existing collections.
As a small business, Colibri Arts is constantly walking a line between branching out to new ideas, and trying to solidify our offerings within existing product lines. Luckily, we're surrounded by lots of other makers and creators, all of whom share insights, inspirations, and ideas with their fellow business own...
This summer has been delightfully busy - with lots of fun commissions, and events happening down at the Splash Gallery. We've been trying our hand at all kinds of new products, and are excited about the possibilities!
As you may have seen (if you follow Colibri Arts on social media), we recently launched our Cobalt Pints, to overwhelmingly positive response! These lovelies have been flying off of the shelf, down at the Splash Gallery, and we're still totally smitten with the stark contrast the engraving leaves on this deep, rich color of glass. We kicked the collection off with our sealife seri...
One minute, it's January, and we're looking forward to the coming year, and then it's suddenly April! Well, they say time flies when you're having fun, and here at Colibri Arts, we've been having a BLAST!!!
We've done some shows, created a ton of new designs, and even started making some wood products! Each day, new designs and ideas are bouncing around, and it's amazing just how fun can be had - granted, we do get to play with a laser. ;)
We'll be sending out some newsletters soon, sharing details of the past months, as well as updating information for events taking place in the coming weeks. S...
2018 is already shaping up to be a great year for Colibri Arts, with lots of new designs on the way, and fun events in the coming months. Here's a quick update of the latest goings on:
1) Our Oil Dispensers Are Back! Always a popular item, the wine-bottle-turned-dispenser is a favorite here at Colibri. We'll be rolling out new designs on these items soon, but you can see the first few listed on our website.
2) January marks the annual Studio Sale taking place down at the Splash Gallery, here in Olympia. Each artist is offering special sales, and Colibri Arts is offering 25% off all Pint Glasses!...
As 2017 comes to an end, we'd like to take a minute to thank all of our amazing supporters! Colibri Arts has taken some massive steps forward as a business, and it wouldn't be possible without everyone who supports our art.
To recap, here's a list of the milestones of 2017:
1) Colibri Arts came back to life, following a 2 year hiatus.
2) We launched our very first KickStarter campaign (which was a wild experience). While we didn't reach our funding goal, it was an awesome process, and gave us a renewed enthusiasm for our artwork - and determination to get a laser. ;-)